Effective as of May 27, 2019.
|Name of the company||Jahuty|
|Country of operation||United States|
What is personal data?
“Personal data” is any information relating to an identifiable or identified person (you as a user). An identifiable person is someone who can be identified, directly or indirectly, for example by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his or her physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
The processing of special categories of data, defined as personal data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade-union membership, and data concerning health or sex life, is prohibited, subject to certain exceptions.
Personal data which we handle
Your personal data may only be processed by us when it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or when it is necessary for our compliance with a legal obligation. The processing of the personal data, the specific purposes for the processing, and for how long we store your personal data, is described below.
- Name and email address. To address our correspondence correctly, we collect your name when you register on jahuty.com. To enable login and for you to retrieve a lost password, we collect your email address when you register on jahuty.com. We share your name and email address with Google, a third-party service we use for delivering email. Your name and email address are kept securely with us until you close your jahuty.com account. You can edit your name or email address through your account settings.
- Payment details. When you opt to subscribe to jahuty.com’s paid service, we will process your payment details. The processing is performed by Recurly, a third-party payment processor, and is stored securely with them until you close your jahuty.com account.
Summary of your rights
You as a user have the possibility to claim several rights towards us. Such rights are listed here and thereafter described below. You can find our contact details at the top of this Privacy Notice.
- Right to be forgotten
- Right to access
- Right to rectification
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
- Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
Right to be forgotten
You can delete your personal data by logging into your account and using the "Close Account" function in Account Settings. If cannot do this, please contact us using the contact information above. We will delete the data as soon as possible, but at least within one month’s time. If the personal data is needed for the fulfillment of our contractual duties towards you or to preserve it with legal grounds, we will however not delete the information until the data is no longer needed.
Right of access
You have the right to receive confirmation from us as to whether personal data concerning you is being processed. You may also access that personal data and receive this information:
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients or categories of recipients to whom personal data have been or will be disclosed
- The envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored or the criteria used to determine that period
- The existence of automated decision-making and profiling
Right to rectification
You have, at any time, the right to demand us to correct any inaccurate personal data within a month’s time. You can also rectify much of your information by logging into your account.
Right to restriction of processing
You have, instead of demanding us to delete any data, the right to demand us to restrict our processing of your personal data. This may be achieved if:
- You have reason to believe that the accuracy of the personal data is not correct, and the restriction shall be in place during a period that allows us to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- The processing is unlawful but you don’t want us to delete the personal data
- We no longer need the personal data for processing, but you require it for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims
- You have objected to processing concerning profiling or automated decision-making, whereby a restriction shall be obtained during the period when we assess whether our legitimate ground for the processing overrides your legitimate ground.
Right to data portability
You may retrieve the personal data which we process about you and that you have provided to us. You may also demand that we transmit such personal data to another data controller if the personal data is collected based on your consent or if the processing of the personal data is carried out by automated means by us, if we deem it technically feasible.
Right to object
You may object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you.
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You may lodge a complaint with your national supervisory authority regarding our processing of your personal data. Look up the contact details of your national supervisory authority here.
You can read the Regulation in its entirety in your language here.
We're happy to help.